Bendigo and Heathcote Bed and Breakfast Farm Stay
Staying at a Heathcote or Bendigo bed and breakfast is a great alternative to hotel or motel accommodation for visitors to central Victoria.
Bed and breakfast tariffs are comparable to hotels and motels and yet bed and breakfasts have so much more to offer.
River Gardens bed and breakfast at Axedale is situated only a 20 minute drive from both Bendigo and Heathcote.
Why tolerate the noise in town when you can enjoy the privacy and comfort of one of our purpose built B&B farm stay accommodations?
Treat yourself to a few days of luxury accommodation beside the Campaspe river at Axedale.
A cooked or continental breakfast served in your room, on the veranda or in the gardens is included in the price.
Soft drinks and chilled fruit or homemade cake or slice in your fridge are complementary. How about that for a deal?
Pet friendly NB: some conditions apply
Bedrrom of self contained unit
River Gardens Axedale has something for everyone.
- Either cook for yourselves in the self-contained unit or spoil yourselves and eat out every day in the motel room. BBQ facilities are also available and even a pizza oven.
- Business: Free wireless (NBN). You are welcome to schedule business meetings in your room, in the gardens or beside the Campaspe river.
If you have meetings or business to attend to, River Gardens is only a 20 minute drive from both Bendigo and Heathcote.
- Leisure: Enjoy exploring our 133 acre boer goat and cropping farm.
Collect the eggs and feed the petting animals. Catch yabbies in the creek. Fish the river for cod, golden perch, redfin, trout and carp. Spend a few hours kayaking the Campaspe. There are several islands in the river for you to explore.
Visit the wineries of Heathcote and the tourism attractions of Bendigo.
In addition to providing an outstanding cooked or continental breakfast, we are happy to provide lunch or dinner by prior arrangement. This means you don't have to leave the property if you don't wish to.
Even though you are on a farm, you are only a 5 minute drive from the Axedale Tavern and Coffee House and a 15 minute drive to The Farmers Arms Hotel in Junortoun.
The General Store in Axedale also does takeaway meals.
To book your stay at River Gardens Axedale Bed and Breakfast phone: 0425716369
6 Great Reasons for Staying at a B&B or Farm Stay
- Prices are often lower than a hotel or motel.
- Privacy. You will often be the only guests staying on the property.
- Home cooked or continental breakfast.
- Personal touches. Your room will be unique with little touches of class that are often not provided in a hotel or motel.
- Local knowledge. Your B&B host will be able to give you detailed information about the best places to visit and what to avoid.
- If staying at our farm stay you will be able to explore the property and see sights not available to guests of hotels and motels and your hosts are available 24/7
Axedale Tavern and Coffee House.
Axedale is situated on the McIvor Hwy just a 20 minute drive from both Bendigo and Heathcote.
Axedale has a General Store, Tavern and Coffee House along with a Gallery and Golf Links.
Axedale provides access to the Campaspe river for fishermen although the river tends to be shallow around the Axedale township. The river is much deeper just out from the River Gardens Bed and Breakfast.
Google map of Axedale.
Bendigo in central Victoria has so much to offer. With great shopping, restaurants, pubs and clubs you will be sure to enjoy yourself.
Bendigo has several popular tourist attractions including the Golden Dragon Museum, the Central Deborah Gold Mine and the Bendigo Pottery.
The Bendigo Jockey Club, Harness Racing Club and Greyhounds all have regular meetings. Harness and Greyhounds are only a 15 minute drive from River Gardens.
Heathcote in Central Victoria.
Heathcote could seriously claim to be the wine centre of Victoria.
Producing mainly red wines, the Heathcote district is becoming a popular weekend destination for wine aficionados. You'll find many cellar doors around Heathcote.
Heathcote provides a country town shopping experience. Try Gaffney's Bakery in High Street, you won't regret it.
For more on Heathcote visit the Tourist Information Centre.